Wednesday, February 10, 2010

The countdown is on.

So, tomorrow marks a big milestone in a twin pregnancy - 32 weeks. It seems everyone holds their breath until you reach this line in the sand. Medically, it means that babies born after 32 weeks usually do very well, with minimal NICU time compared to babies born before 32 weeks. Yay for us!

It also marks the beginning of "appointment-0-mania". Weekly biophysical profiles, weekly prenatal appointments, biweekly growth scans, etc. It's times like this I wish we could teleport around the city. I'm getting used to driving the minivan, but it's still a bit awkward to maneuver, especially in the IWK parking structure, which is always full.

The twins passed their BPP with flying colours, scoring 8/8. They are both breech though, so still need 'head down' thoughts, mainly for our girl, who is 'Twin A' and first to the gate. Don't think I've been sitting around waiting for them to turn. In fact, I've been spending lots of time doing things like this:



This is easily the most unflattering picture ever taken of me, but you get a sense of my dedication.

I've also taught my Mom how to use Moxa on UB 67 (a Chinese Medicine technique for turning breech babies), am taking homeopathic pulsatilla 30C, am seeing my chiropractor for the Webster technique, trying to avoid leaning back, etc. You get the idea.

So, my guess is that a c-section will be scheduled for somewhere around 37 weeks. I won't know for certain until I see my OB at 34 weeks, but that's my guess.

Finally, here's a cute picture of the twins. The profile is of our girl (A) and our shy boy (B) would only give us a thumbs up.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! You've made it to 32 weeks! I'll be thinking 'head-down' thoughts for baby A.

    ReplyDelete