Friday, October 23, 2009

16/17 week update.

I saw Dr. A today, my lovely GP. She's so great. She spent 45 minutes with me, and answered all of my questions. And trust me...there were many.

The babies and I are both doing well. Baby's A's heartbeat was 145, and Baby B's was 160. I also got a copy of the ultrasound report, and was happy to hear that the twins are diamniotic dichorionic (two sacs, two placentas), which is the best scenario for twins. :)

My biggest question was if I'd still be able to try for a VBAC. She's not sure, as she hasn't encountered it before. I'll have to wait until I see an OB. And speaking of OB's, I'd been asking around for recommendations, and we've decided to go with Dr. Somerset, who is apparently very competent and pro vaginal birth (even with twins). So, I'm hoping he'll be up for a VBAC. That is, of course, assuming twin A cooperates and is head down at the time of delivery.

The biggest shocker is that I'll likely be off work from 26 weeks on. Yikes. I'm hoping that's somewhat negotiable, as the majority of my job is sitting down, so I can't see how that would be much different from being at home.

Ack! So many unknowns! My type A planning personality just can't take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment